We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Mechanical Fitter, based near Leamington Spa. Our company is a leading manufacturer of bespoke automated machinery for several industries. With a strong customer-focused culture, they are going through a period of exponential growth.
The Mechanical Fitter will be responsible for the mechanical assembly and fitting of bespoke automated machinery. This includes performing planned and emergency customer support activities such as onsite installation and repair. The role requires domestic and international travel, as well as weekend availability.
- Approximately 50% of the time will be spent at our facility.
- Around 20% of the time will be dedicated to sites in the UK.
- Approximately 30% of the time will involve travel outside the UK.
Duties as a Mechanical Fitter
- The Mechanical Assembly of Automated Machinery.
- Conduct repair work both at the customer’s site and in-house.
- Serve as a technical interface between the customer and the company.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and work with minimal supervision.
- Perform on-site installation, commissioning/Site Acceptance Tests, training, maintenance, and continuous improvement activities.
Requirements as a Mechanical Fitter
- Completed a recognised apprentice training program in mechanical and/or electrical engineering.
- Competency in working with automated machinery.
- Good electro/mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Can work with various levels of electrical voltage, including DC, single-phase, and three-phase systems.
What’s in it for you?
- Car Allowance
- Employee ownership tax-free bonus
- Performance-related bonus
- Up to 7.5% matched pension
- 1.5x Overtime
If you are interested in the role of Mechanical Fitter, please click apply or give Steven at Orion a call.
Thank you for your application. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, unfortunately, we are not able to respond to every application personally, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 5 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful. To see our other available vacancies please visit our website.