Step Teachers are looking for an enthusiastic Art Teacher to deliver engaging and inspiring art lessons to students across various age groups. The successful Art Teacher will have the opportunity to contribute to the vibrant arts culture at our partner school and foster a love for creativity among our students. This is a long-term role starting from February and extending potentially until the summer term.
The school is a “Good” Ofsted-rated school who have excellent leadership in its headteacher and senior leadership team. Subject-lead teachers are leading improvements in their subject area and pupils make good process in a wide range of subjects. The school works to ensure that the disadvantaged pupils make rapid progress and pupils’ behaviour is excellent. There is also a sixth form on site which is also rated “Good” by Ofsted.
Key Responsibilities of an Art Teacher:
- Plan and deliver high-quality art lessons that cater to the diverse needs and abilities of students.
- Create a supportive and inclusive learning environment where students feel encouraged to express themselves creatively.
- Develop and implement innovative teaching strategies to enhance student engagement and achievement.
- Assess student progress and provide constructive feedback to support their growth and development.
- Collaborate with colleagues to coordinate cross-curricular projects and initiatives.
- Participate in school events, extracurricular activities, and professional development opportunities as required.
Requirements of an Art Teacher:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Proven experience as an Art Teacher in a UK-based school.
- Passion for art education and a commitment to fostering creativity and self-expression in students.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage time and resources.
- A reflective practitioner who is committed to continuous professional development.
Why Step Teachers?:
- Upholds core values of honesty, hard work, and professionalism.
- Over 20 years of experience supplying Art Teachers across East Anglia, North London, Hertfordshire, and Plymouth.
- Long-standing relationships with Primary, Secondary, and SEN Schools.
- Weekly PAYE payments.
Step Teachers is an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and is proud to be REC audited. This ensures comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice, demonstrating a full commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates undergo various checks, including an enhanced DBS check, thorough references (including the most recent employer), and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
In addition to standard services, Step Teachers offers high street, travel, gym membership, and exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services through its pay portal. The agency also runs a referral program, offering a share of £200 in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a European holiday worth £1000 for those who recommend a friend seeking temporary, permanent, or supply work. Contact Step Teachers today if you know someone looking for these opportunities.