- Behaviour Support/Pastoral Support Assistant
- Secondary School (Support over 11year – 16 year students)
- January Start 2023
- £100 – £155.00 per day (Permanent rate to be discussed according to pay scale)
We are currently looking for behavior support/Pastoral Assistant to work with a child with Social Emotional and Mental Health Needs at a specialist SEMH school in Haringey.
For this role they are looing for a staff member that is resilient and can handle challenging behavior in a calm manner.
- To keep Pastoral Leaders involved and informed of any problems which arise.
• To provide ongoing support for individual students e.g., support with bereavement, mental health, family dynamics and friendships etc. On a proactive and reactive basis.
• To be a point of contact for parents and liaise with tutors, teachers and outside agencies where appropriate.
• To provide support for all year group with regard to welfare issues, praise, awards and certificates etc.
• To monitor and support students as identified by members of staff.
• To support tutors as agreed/directed by Pastoral Leader.
• To take statements from students, deal with incidents and action appropriately.
• To attend PEP, outside agency and Planning meetings as required*.
• To attend EHCP reviews as required/if required.
• To attend weekly assemblies
The school is a good, mixed 11-16 comprehensive school, serving a truly multi-cultural community, where every student is valued and treated as an individual. This setting is a school where young people’s talents and abilities are nurtured and where they can develop their ambitions. Our aim is that all students should leave the school as highly qualified, confident and articulate young adults.
At the school we believe that outstanding teaching and learning is underpinned by a key core value and commitment to equality and diversity. Equal access of opportunity is a priority at as is ensuring that all members of our community have a deeply enriching and supportive experience throughout their time at Woodside so that they can thrive.
If you are a calm, positive and resilient support assistant who is dedicated to supporting children with additional needs then this is an excellent opportunity.