Are you a passionate and talented Computer Science teacher looking for an exciting opportunity in an ‘Outstanding’ school? Step Teachers are working alongside an ‘Outstanding’ school in Newham who are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a passion for computing and a desire to instil that passion in the school’s students. This is a full-time long-term role with the potential to be permanent. Previous experience teaching computer science at A-Level is desired.
The school prides itself on excellent academic outcomes where equality and diversity are embedded in everything the school does.
Position: Computer Science Teacher Years 7 to 13
Location: Newham, London
Start Date: ASAP
Type: Full-time, long-term with the potential to be permanent
- Strong knowledge of the computer science curriculum.
- Organised and professional maintenance of the classroom and the associated resources.
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the classroom and throughout the school.
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback to help them to progress.
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons.
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these.
- Qualified Computer Science Teacher (QTS) or equivalent.
- A genuine passion for education and a commitment to helping students achieve their best.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to connect with young learners.
- Demonstrated experience teaching Computer Science at the secondary level.
If you’re interested, we want to hear from you!
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £200 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent, or supply work then get in touch with us today!