Contract Estimated Duration- 12 months (40hrs per week)
This role has been deemed inside IR35
Expenses reimbursed (accommodation and food)
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to have the chance of working alongside a well-established engineering contractor, specialising in the development of key nuclear projects across the UK. The need is for an experienced Construction Manager to provide your support to the project team, to ensure key construction tasks are effectively carried out to facilitate project growth.
- Are you an experienced engineer with a highly regulated background?
- Are you a member of a professional body, ideally chartered status?
- Do you have experience working on the client side?
- Would you be interested in a new opportunity where you will be responsible for implementing all construction planning and schedule assurance to help drive the development of key projects?
If the answer is yes and these apply to you, then read on to find out more and get in touch now to avoid missing out on a new opportunity!
Your duties and responsibilities will be:
Construction Management support to the Client Project Team. Circa 3/4 days per week on site in Plymouth with some WFH and some travel for off-site pre-fabrication and testing work.
1. Witness selected Key construction site activities
2. Witness selected factory acceptance tests
3. Support Client nominated NEC supervisor (need NEC supervisor understanding)
4. Construction planning and schedule assurance.
a. Support Monthly Cl32 reviews
b. Weekly Progress and near term look ahead
c. Efficiency of construction enablers, RAMS, material management, procurements, workforce mobilisation, plant hire/movement, labour utilisations, productivity rates and areas for increased efficiency.
d. Advice on realism of impacts from risks, issues, opportunities, construction sequence changes and risk realisation (and contingency drawdown)
e. Construction schedule deep dives and realism of forecast outturns.
f. Support PM in understanding weekly schedule variance and impact on end dates.
5. Advice on NEC contract EWN treatment and CE impacts. Maintain Weekly Site Diary on key activities undertaken, key issues log, concerns delay, for use as commercial records for any EWN / CE assessment and assessment of programme.
6. Advice on schedule risk exposure, areas of concern, potential mitigations and time at risk.
7. Sentencing build assurance risks, safety case constraints and compliance. Ensuring build assurance risks (and impacts) realistic.
8. Advise on site efficiency (with focus on cost efficiency) – plant use, resource utilisation, material management (and wastage) in support of defined cost evaluation.
9. Review and acknowledge contractor site diaries.
10. Input to planning and performance at Weekly contractor planning / interface meetings
11. Attendance at selected daily pre-start briefings and “5@5” daily debriefs – support Client view on effectiveness and efficiency of team when assessing defined cost/reasonableness.
12. Input to Key Sub Contractor progress meetings and performance reasonableness.
Skills/experience required: Essential:
- SC-Clearance required
- CSCS Black Card required
- Due to nature of work candidates need to be sole UK National
- Willing to work 3 days on site / 2 days hybrid per week
- Heavy civils experience in high hazard/regulated environment
- NEC ECC
- Construction Management, Construction Planning
- Civil/Structural construction core discipline.
If you’re seeking a new opportunity, where you will be working within a collaborative environment of chemical specialists, that promotes a culture of respect and progression then send over your CV now and a member of our Millbank team will be in touch with you ASAP!
Millbank Holdings Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Millbank is proud to be a member of the ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.