Step Teachers are working with a school that is based in Southall to source an English Teacher to start in January. This is a maternity cover role, with the possibility of becoming permanent for the right candidate.
This is an “Outstanding” Ofsted-rated school where Teachers constantly strive to improve their practice. The quality of teaching in key stages 3 and 4 is consistently strong. This is because of the training and encouragement staff receive from leaders and their own colleagues. Teachers use assessment information very effectively to plan lessons that challenge their pupils.
- Possess strong knowledge of the English curriculum at the KS3 and KS4 levels
- Be able to plan and deliver engaging, differentiated lessons
- Upkeep a clean, tidy, and considerate classroom environment
- Display a strong, mentoring personality toward students
- Cultivate positive relationships with students, working to inspire good behaviour and a passion for learning
- Cooperate with and support your colleagues and additional classroom staff
- Be able to accurately assess and report on your students, and articulate solutions to their difficulties
- Comply with and implement the school’s policies, and take part in their supportive educational ethos
Requirements for this role:
- QTS or equivalent
- Recent mainstream school-based experience teaching English
- A relevant English-related degree is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing, exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that takes pride in helping and nurturing our teachers, and a dedicated local consultant will always be on hand to support you through your journey with us.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. We offer high street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive up to £200 of Amazon vouchers – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today