Step Teachers, a preferred supplier for Teach in Herts, are looking for a Geography Teacher in a Secondary School in Hemel Hempstead starting in April 2024 for a temporary one term supply role. This Geography Teacher position is full time, teaching both Key Stage 3 and 4, and will involve planning and marking. While this Geography Teacher position is initially temporary, there is the potential for this to be extended into the new academic year.
The role is in a secondary school rated “GOOD” by OFSTED which provides a variety of high quality facilities for their students. The school upholds high standards for their curriculum and look to employ staff who are able to inspire students within their learning.
Role of a Geography Teacher:
- Strong knowledge of the KS3 and KS4 Geography curriculum
- Organised and professional maintenance of the classroom and the associated resources
- Work effectively with other members of staff, both within the department and throughout the school
- Ability to assess students, monitor their progress, and provide constructive feedback
- Able to plan and deliver engaging and comprehensive lessons
- Compliance with the schools’ policies and the reliable implementation of these
Requirements of a Geography Teacher:
- Hold QTS/QTLS or an equivalent qualification for teaching in Secondary School
- Have recent mainstream school-based experience as Geography Teacher
- Have a good level of classroom and behaviour management
- A relevant Geography related degree is desirable.
- SEND experience is desirable
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing; exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that will support and nurture your career at Step Teachers.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer and eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. High street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional wellbeing services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and both you and the person you recommend receive £100 each in Amazon vouchers and a chance to win a holiday worth up to £1000 – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!