The position of Group Accountant has been created to lead the accounting and financial reporting activities across the Group, playing a pivotal role in the organisation’s immense growth plans.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and managing functionally one Finance Manager, the role includes:
Subsidiaries of the Group outside the UK:
- Oversee all financial transactions for the 16 subsidiaries across EME and US, reviewing Trial Balances, Reconciliations and Annual Financial Statements.
- Review bank reconciliation and aging reports prepared by the AP Manager.
- Review payroll reconciliations.
- Post and review Project Revenue and Cost accruals.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts.
- Oversee VAT submissions and CIT calculations (prepared by external tax advisors)
- Participate in external annual audits of various entities within the Group, ensuring compliance with accounting principles and industry regulations.
- Prepare the group consolidation (in Excel, not automated) including all adjustments to UK Gaap.
- Experience with Navison or D365 Business Central
- Lead and support the group audit, ensuring compliance with accounting principles and industry regulations.
- Define the timelines and agree with the auditors.
- Set up timelines for closings, communicate and enforce its adherence to.
- Ensure adherence to accounting policies by training users and auditing transactions from time to time.
- Qualified accountant with a recognized professional accounting body (ACA/ACCA or CIMA).
- Previous experience in Consolidation of Accounts and preparation of Group Statutory Financial Statements and Parent Company Statutory Accounts.
- Experience in leading and implementing hard closings.
- Experience with consolidation of subsidiaries in multi-currencies.
- In-depth knowledge of UK Gaap or IFRS.
- Proven expertise in overseeing the external audits with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Business Central (or similar ERP), advanced excel.
This role does require travel up to 3 days a week in Buntingford.