Job Title: Software Project Manager // Chesterfield
The Project manager will be responsible for the day-to-day activities related to project organisation, management of multiple projects throughout the full project lifecycle, site coordination, materials ordering, materials planning, installation, and training planning. Reporting to the Projects & Innovation Director and attending regular project meeting to ensure the smooth running of the installations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Scheduling; assigning staff; allocating resources; assessing risk and its management; ensuring all goods are available and ready for each project, coordinating the various components which contribute to the project as a whole to ensure they are being delivered on time; ensuring that deadlines are met; and updating staff and keeping all interested parties in the project informed of progress and any issues which may arise, checking project costs and margins are maintained.
The role also includes responsibilities for arranging product and technical training
Essential Experience required
- Qualification in project management or equivalent Prince 2 / APM / PMI
- Experience with Microsoft Project or similar project- tracking software. Scheduling software to keep track of the key dates involved in the project, such as meetings, deadlines, milestones and so on.
- Should be able to create simple Gantt charts to keep track of all the components of the project, and have a working knowledge of critical path analysis (CPA) to show how all the components are linked
- 2 years of experience with project management
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Stakeholder management
- Risk management
- Change management
Essential Professional Qualities
- Demonstrable experience of managing engineering projects
- Experience of managing project budgets with value of up to at least ¾ of a million
- Use and implementation of formal project management methodologies
- Experience of providing input to a business on Project Management best practice and project efficiency
- Client Stakeholder management
- Essential Personal Qualities
- Commercially astute
- Ability to make decisions autonomously whilst following company best practice and guidance.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface and interact with technical and non- technical stakeholders
If of interest please do not hesitate to send a CV to Charles@Pearsoncarter.com