Lead Certification Engineer
Reading ” travel to Norfolk required on occasion
Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, early finish on a Friday, additional day off on or around your birthday, flexible start, and finish times in line with policy, pension, health care package, free car parking, social events & cycle to work scheme.
We are excited to be bringing an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious and fast-growing Aerospace company based in the Norfolk area. Focused on innovation, quality and creativity, this client is pushing boundaries where possible and are set to be serious competitors within the industry.
Our client is looking to build their ever-growing team and hire a motivated Lead Certification Engineer to lead, plan and ensure all designs are certified to UK, EASA, FAA or National Authority regulations on time and to customer specifications.
Strong experience in an Aerospace certification environment and expert level knowledge of CS-UKTSO, CS-ETSO, CS-25 and associated regulations is required for this position.
Main Responsibilities of the Lead Certification Engineer
- Providing leadership and direction for the Certification Team, including determining and setting goals and objectives for the department that supports the business objectives.
- Responsible for defining the certification route for new projects or bids.
- Manages and plans certification activities on products in line with company/ customer timelines.
- Responsible for the tracking and adherence to the project certification schedules.
- Responsible for generation and accuracy of all projects specific certification documentation that is assigned.
- Monitor, review and approve new designs, design changes, concessions, production permits and all other deviations.
- Liaison with regulatory & certification bodies, (including EASA, CAA and MAA), to maintain and develop the airworthiness approvals held by the company.
- Providing airworthiness and certification guidance to engineering staff and promoting airworthiness awareness and a safety culture within the organisation.
- Problem solving and creativity ” can navigate through a multitude of issues to define a clear way forward.
- Take numerous, sustained actions to reach challenging goals, proactively overcoming all obstacles.
- Create impact by communicating key messages clearly, succinctly and with confidence.
Experience and Skillset of the Lead Certification Engineer
- Engineering Degree, Diploma or equivalent in engineering
- Proven experience in an Aerospace interiors certification environment (Seating preferred)
- Experience within a DOA or ADOA environment
- Experience of leading communications with third party regulatory or certification organisations and OEMs, including EASA, CAA, Airbus, Boeing etc.
- Specific experience of structures, cabin safety, flammability subject matters
- Excellent knowledge and experience of the regulatory requirements of EASA 2Part 21J , Part 21G, CS25 and ETSO Process.