Millbank Holdings Ltd.
Project Manager – Mechanical/Electrical/HVAC
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to have the chance of working with a well-established engineering consultancy that specialises in the development of major projects across the UK and world, driven by a workforce of ambitious nuclear experts. This unique opportunity offers you the chance to work on the first nuclear new build project in over 25 years. In your role as Project Manager you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the delivery of the contract or package activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget and to meet the business and technical requirements. You will monitor and manage the progress of the programme – track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters.
- Do you have experience of managing large scale projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment?
- Have you managed multi-disciplined teams within a highly regulated environment (nuclear, chemical, defence)
- Do you hold a degree in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field?
If the answer is yes, then why not read on to find out more about this opportunity and get in touch now to avoid missing out!
Your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the contact or package. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme budget, and escalate any issues to the Senior Project Manager.
- Undertake all contract administration activities (with support of a Commercial Manager) including variations, claims, technical queries and instructions.
- Provide sufficient oversite of the supply chain to ensure Nuclear Safety is maintained – This could involve over 100 international suppliers per contract.
- Resolution of issues during the manufacturing process to ensure quality and schedule are maintained.
- Management of all change to the contract including – scope definition, business justification and implementation of agreed change in line with associated governance.
- Ensure schedules are developed and maintained for the contract or package of work. Ensure such schedules are consistent with overall Project schedules.
- Where applicable ensure that Qualification for Nuclear Safety activities are completed to validate the performance criteria of the equipment.
You will have the following qualifications & experience:
- Track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment.
- Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation. Proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools.
- Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment.
- Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills. Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks.
- Degree and chartered status in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
- Knowledge and / or practitioner of Project Management with experience of applying either; APM body of knowledge and OGC’s Prince 2.
Millbank Holdings Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Millbank is proud to be a member of the ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.