Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of children with special educational needs (SEN)? Do you have experience working with challenging behaviours and a desire to support the educational journey of a young learner? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
About the Role: We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate SEN Teaching Assistant to work with a Year 3 pupil who requires additional support due to her complex needs. The successful candidate will have experience in managing challenging behaviours and will play a crucial role in providing tailored support to facilitate the pupil’s academic and personal development.
Key Responsibilities of SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Provide one-on-one support to the pupil, assisting with academic tasks and promoting positive learning experiences.
- Implement behaviour management strategies tailored to the pupil’s needs, ensuring a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Collaborate effectively with the class teacher and SENCO
- Monitor and track the pupil’s progress, providing regular feedback to the teaching team and parents/carers.
- Support the pupil in developing social skills and emotional regulation techniques.
Requirements of SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Previous experience working with children with SEN, particularly those with challenging behaviours.
- Strong understanding of behaviour management techniques and strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport with pupils, staff, and parents/carers.
- Patience, resilience, and a positive attitude towards supporting children with complex needs.
- Ideally, hold a Norfolk Steps training certification or a willingness to undergo training upon appointment.
Additional Information: The pupil you will be working with is known to display volatile behaviour and has a history of aggression and violence towards staff. She may also attempt to abscond and has been known to climb in an attempt to reach exit buttons or locks. Therefore, applicants must be prepared to manage challenging situations effectively and ensure the safety and well-being of the pupil and others at all times.
Why Step Teachers?
- Our 3 core values. Honesty, hard work and professionalism.
- Over 20 years in supply Teaching Assistant across East Anglia, North London, Hertfordshire and Plymouth.
- Long-standing relationships with Primary, Secondary and SEN Schools.
- We pay through PAYE weekly!
Step Teachers is an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and is proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to various checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
We offer high street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal. Recommend a friend and receive a share of £200 of Amazon vouchers AND a chance to win a European holiday worth £1000! – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!