Step Teachers are looking for a confident SEND Teaching Assistant with experience working 1:1 and small groups of children with additional learning needs. The role is based in the nurture room at a mainstream primary school in Year 2/3 classrooms commencing in February 2024, 1 day a week on an ongoing basis.
Role as an SEND Teaching Assistant:
- Making a positive impact on the lives of children with diverse learning needs.
- Assisting the class teacher with planning and delivery of activities.
- Supporting the development of children’s language and communication skills.
- Encouraging positive behaviour and providing pastoral support to children when required.
- Providing feedback to parents and carers on children’s progress and achievements.
- Minimum Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent would be desirable
- Previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant in a primary school
- Experience working with children with SEND
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and parents
Why Step Teachers?
With over 20 years in supplying educational professionals across North London, Hertfordshire, East Anglia and Plymouth, we have and continue to build long-standing, exclusive relationships with many schools and academy trusts across these regions. We have a resolute team that takes pride in helping and nurturing our teachers, and a dedicated local consultant will always be on hand to support you through your journey with us.
Step Teachers are an agency listed as an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service and are proud to be REC audited. This ensures we are carrying out comprehensive checks in line with the REC Code of Professional Practice and are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Upon registration, candidates will be subject to a variety of checks including an enhanced DBS check, full references including your most recent employer, and verification of eligibility to work in the UK.
Weekly pay is processed through PAYE. We offer high street, travel, gym membership and many other exclusive discounts, along with physical and emotional well-being services as standard with our pay portal.
Recommend a friend and receive a share of £200 of Amazon vouchers AND a chance to win a European holiday worth £1000! – If you know anyone who is looking for temporary, permanent or supply work then get in touch with us today!